Do you think you have what it takes to be a part of producing the finest sourdough bread that a Green Bay bakery has to offer?
If you are a go-getter who can thrive in a fast-paced bakery and cafe environment...
If you’re crazy passionate about crafting artisan bread with local ingredients and learning something new every single day…
If you’re a natural at problem solving and love finding ways to improve the environment you work in while bringing passion and care to your work every single day…
Awesome. We want you on the team. Let’s connect!
As a Junior Bread Baker, you will support and become an integral part in creating excellent sourdough bread in an efficient, professional manner. You will immerse yourself in the craft of mixing, shaping and eventually baking sourdough breads. You will get first hand training and mentorship from Voyageurs Bakehouse founder, Ben Cadman and the Voyageurs Bakehouse Head Bread Baker.
Being a Junior Bread Baker means you are efficient and friendly with the highest focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You must thrive in a fast paced environment, be quick to problem solve, have high attention to detail, and possess a good understanding of baking techniques, especially in bread making.
To be a successful Junior Bread Baker, you must be a morning person (as your shift will start between 3:00am - 6:00am) who is committed to the highest service standards. You need to be a communicative team player with excellent time management skills so you can prioritize tasks in a busy setting while adhering to all food safety regulations and procedures.
Together you will collaborate with the rest of the Voyageurs crew to ensure the best customer experience possible for our guests.
Your title will be JUNIOR BREAD BAKER and you will report to the Company’s Co-Owner, Ben Cadman and the Head Bread Baker.
Your career path at Voyageurs will evolve with time as we learn more about your skills, and how we can support you in achieving your personal professional goals while driving the business to its full potential.
As a Junior Bread Baker, you will be required to perform the following duties and undertake the following responsibilities in a professional manner.
• Assist in the preparation and production of products by specifications and instructions in a timely manner.
• Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make sourdough products.
• Actively seeks areas for cleaning and maintenance during slow or inactive baking times.
• Responsible for ensuring yourself and other employees follow all food safety guidelines and procedures.
• Keeping your workspace clean and organized, as well as contributing to the professionalism and cleanliness of the Bakehouse.
• Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
• Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift to ensure that the bakery is a clean space that operates optimally.
• Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems and create amazing baked goods.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Relevant work experience in a bread bakery is a plus, but this is open to passionate home bread bakers.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Ability to stand or walk for up to 8-hours in a shift and lift at least 50 pounds.
• Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
Putting our values in action through company benefits is one way we believe in supporting our team not only in their career, but in their overall health and happiness.
At Voyageurs we Hustle Hard, Rest Hard, & Reflect Hard. The following are a few of the benefits you can look forward to enjoying as part of the team. Some benefits require eligibility and approval, others enjoyed right from day one.
• Paid breaks • Daily lunch and coffee • A weekly loaf of bread to take home • Paid annual leave • Paid sick days • Annual Company Team Retreat Day • Bonus opportunities •
Voyageurs Bakehouse is a community supported bakery making naturally leavened bread to nourish our community. The Bakehouse is an open concept bakery with a cafe dining space that invites customers in to greet their friends and family, and learn more about the artisan craft of sourdough and traditional baked goods.
Voyageurs’s company culture is of top priority to the business owners, Ben & Celeste. The company team is a Voyageurs family. Each person in the team is key to the operations of the business. We believe in authenticity, integrity, and appreciation as our foundational ways to support each other to learn and grow and be the best versions of ourselves… all in a bakehouse.
The Voyageurs Guiding Light:
〰️ I explore the world through curiosity.
〰️ I am honest, authentic and transparent.
〰️ I evolve through trial and error.
〰️ I appreciate myself and the work of others.
〰️ I am surrounded with things to be grateful for.
〰️ I make data driven decisions for the best of the customer.
〰️ I give back to my community to make it a better place.
〰️ I bring high standards and integrity to my work everyday.
〰️ I turn customers into raving fans.
〰️ I am aligned with the energy of abundance.
〰️ I am all around awesome, and deserving of great things.
Your application must include:
1️⃣ Your resume in PDF format.
2️⃣ Please also include other relevant information to this role, including pictures of your artisan breads or other baked goods.
3️⃣ Submit your application by emailing us at email@example.com and we will get in touch with you!